Welcome

Thanks for visiting! My blog is about all things connected to Judy Evans' Collection, home to handmade stained glass mosaic switch plates and handmade stained glass sun catchers.

Please check them out at http://www.judyevanscollection.com/.

Read and enjoy - and don't forget to leave a comment. We love to hear what you think about each post.

October 16, 2008

What A Great Week!

This has been a fun week for me.

For those of you who are familiar with etsy.com, you'll appreciate the pleasure of being in a treasury. I was featured in "Thinking Pink For Fall" by Tigerlilystudio. Her treasury features items that when sold, donations will be given to the Susan G. Koman Foundation for breast cancer.

My Breast Cancer Bracelet is on the right hand side third from the top.
Please visit Tigerlilystudio to see some beautiful pillows, pillowcases and other fabric items. http://www.tigerlilystudio.etsy.com/

I also sold a plate stand this week that's been a favorite of mine. It's called Zanzabar and has received a lot of attention, both from visitors to my website and customers at the various craft shows that I've participated in.

It was sold to someone who was giving it as a surprise birthday gift. There were quite a few emails going back and forth regarding shipping time and the surprise factor! I'm eager to hear from the purchaser what the reaction will be from the recipient. I really enjoyed this sale because the purchaser went all out in order to make this something special.

This plate was always noticed and drew customers to my space at the craft shows. Now I have to come up with some other plate stands to attract people. In the meantime here are a few that get their share of attention.








This is my Cats, Cats, Cats Plate Stand. It is so bright and fun!










These are actually 2 plates the complement one another. They can be used individually, side by side, or stacked as shown. They have an elegant and formal feel and are really beautiful.

And the last feel-good for me that happend this week was being remembered by another vendor.

I was on a forum last night chatting away and all of a sudden there was a post that said

"JudyEvans--I KNOW YOU! I met you at a craft fair at the Dept. of Child Support Services a couple years ago. At least, I am almost positive I did, didn't I? I was selling cards, and I remember your luscious jewelry! I was working there at the time and I think you had a friend or relative there and that was why you were there...."

Now how weird is that? This message was from the gal Peaseblossomstudio who sells handmade journals & note cards. All of her items are her own designs, she is truly an artist. Definitely worth looking at, http://www.peaseblossomstudio.etsy.com/

Don't you love it when someone remembers you? What an ego boost that was!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, such beautiful plates and I just love the jewelry. Thanks for stopping by my Wordless Wednesday. Take care and have a great day!

Caroline said...

Thanks for the mention! It's a small small crafty world. :-)

Brighton Early said...

Congrats!!

Judy Evans said...

Thanks, what can I say but "Life is Good".

Carrie said...

Judy,

Thanks so much for featuring my treasury and shop on your blog! Your jewelry is just gorgeous, we're so pleased to have you as an "angel helper" this month!

Carrie

TSB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
R. Patel said...

the design on the second plate looks cool.

Grove Designs Co, aka Kriskropmemories said...

Your work is stunning, I just love that plate you sold!

Judy Evans said...

Thanks for all your great comments. I've had a full plate these last few weeks and will get back to my blog very soon.

Anonymous said...

Judy
I really love your new items. The plates are so interesting and fun.
What a great gift. I can see myself taking holiday goodies to someone home and leaving the plate as a beautiful hostess gift.
I really enjoyed your 'Patty Story'
Debra J.