Welcome

Thanks for visiting! My blog is about all things connected to Judy Evans' Collection, home to handmade stained glass mosaic switch plates and handmade stained glass sun catchers.

Please check them out at http://www.judyevanscollection.com/.

Read and enjoy - and don't forget to leave a comment. We love to hear what you think about each post.

January 4, 2010

Something New From Something Old

The beginning of a new year always motivates me to think about how to make my business more successful. This year my focus is to update some of the jewelry I've had for a while that hasn't yet sold.

I started with earrings for two reasons - they were sitting out on their display rack and they're easy to remodel. Necklaces and bracelets won't be as easy to change because I'll have to totally re-do them, so earrings it is!

The earrings on the right are the old ones that I remodeled. I added wirewrapped freshwter pearls and Swarovski crystals to each chain link to give them a cascading look.

Each dangle is wirewrapped. I like the way wirewrapping looks and it keeps the dangles secure.






The earrings on the left are the remodeled pair. I loved the wirewrapped clover leaf on the bottom, so I enhanced it to look like chandeliers. I wirewrapped Swarovski crystals to each loop of the clover.


I'll post more of the re-do's later. I spend more time photographing and updating my webpage than I do actually making jewelry. Creating beautiful jewelry is much more fun!

No comments: